1. Physical therapist are licensed in all 50 states and the District of ColumbiaA. True B. False
2. The Model Practice Act for Physical Therapy: A Tool for Public Protection and Legislative Change (MPA) in 1997 is the preferred tool for revising and modernizing physical therapy practice acts?A. True B. False
3. Which of the following statements is FALSE?A. There is absolutely no evidence that physical therapists misinterpret a patient's signs and symptoms as non-pathological leading to serious injury or death. B. Physical therapist malpractice rates do not differ between states with patient direct access and those with a physician referral requirement. C. A retrospective physician review of physical therapist management decisions determined that physical therapist decisions were appropriate 90% of the time. D. The number of complaints against physical therapists filed with state licensure boards prior to and after elimination of the physician referral requirement, found that there was no increase of complaints centered on patient harm.
4. A specific medical diagnosis with a referral of "evaluate and treat', is enough for the physical therapist to treat. There is no need to identify the rehabilitation diagnosis.A. True B. False
5. In California, the physical therapist assistant shall be able to identify, and communicate with, the physical therapist of record (the physical therapist who performs the initial evaluation) at all times during the treatment of a patient.A. True B. False
6. The Physical Therapist who performs the initial evaluation of a patient shall:A. Only be required to discharge the patient B. Remain the Physical Therapist of record for that patient until discharged C. Not be responsible for any treatments performed by the Physical Therapist Assistant D. Be in the treatment room when a Physical Therapist Assistant is treating a patient
7. Prior to the aide providing patient related care, a physical therapist shall evaluate and document, the aide's competency level for performing the patient related task that the aide will provide in that setting.A. True B. False
8. A physical therapist may apply or administer these topical EXCEPT:A. Bacteriocidal agents B. Topical anesthetic agents C. Antibiotics D. Anti-inflammatory agents E. Antispasmodic agents
9. Physical therapist practice is guided by core values which include:A. Accountability B. Compassion/caring C. Integrity D. Social responsibility E. All of the above
10. Physical therapist shall abide by the following ethics principles EXCEPT:A. Act in a respectful manner toward each person regardless of age, gender, race, nationality, religion, ethnicity, social or economic status, sexual orientation, health condition, or disability. B. Act in the best interests of patients/clients over the interests of the physical therapist. C. Engage in sexual relationship with any of their patients/clients, supervisees, or students if consensual. D. Provide pro bono physical therapy services or support organizations that meet the health needs of people who are economically disadvantaged, uninsured, and underinsured.
11. Fundamental to the Code of Ethics is the special obligation of physical therapists to empower, educate, and enable those with impairments, activity limitations, participation restrictions, and disabilities to facilitate greater independence, health, wellness, and enhanced quality of life.A. True B. False
12. Which of the following best describes the purpose of the Code of Ethics:A. Provide guidance for physical therapists facing ethical challenges B. Helps physical therapist decide the best plan of care C. Helps physical therapist owners on how to run a practice D. To provide a physical therapist better ways to implement an exercise plan
Copyright © 2020 Flex Therapist CEUs
Visit us at https://www.flextherapistceus.com