1. Ethical dilemmas can be as innocent as a conflict between state and county guidelines or bringing older standards and therapeutic equipment up to current standards.A. True B. False
2. Which of the following ethical approaches promotes the maximum amount of pleasure and happiness with the minimum amount of pain and suffering?A. Utilitarianism B. Personalized C. Deontologic D. Natural law theory
3. Ethics presuppose that there is a definite 'right' and 'wrong' way to live life. Morals rely more upon reasoning versus a definite 'right' and 'wrong.' Morals help guide ethics.A. True B. False
4. Physical therapists do all of the following, except:A. Diagnose impairments, functional limitations and disabilities related to medical conditions, movement dysfunction, and other health-related disorders. B. Provide medical diagnoses. C. Identify when a patient's signs and symptoms potentially lie outside the scope of physical therapist diagnosis. D. The examination process ensures that direct access to physical therapists also allows referral to physicians when indicated.
5. The purpose of the Code of Ethics is to:A. Define the ethical principles that form the foundation of physical therapist practice in patient/client management, consultation, education, research, and administration. B. Provide guidance for physical therapists facing ethical challenges, regardless of their professional roles and responsibilities. C. Establish the standards by which the American Physical Therapy Association can determine if a physical therapist has engaged in unethical conduct. D. All of the above.
6. Physical therapists shall provide the information necessary to allow patients or their surrogates to make informed decisions about physical therapy care or participation in clinical research.A. True B. False
7. Physical therapists can recommend products or services that they have a financial interest in without disclosing that interest to their patients/clients.A. True B. False
8. Physical therapists shall do each of the following, except:A. Shall act in a respectful manner toward each person regardless of age, gender, race, nationality, religion, ethnicity, social or economic status, sexual orientation, health condition, or disability. B. Shall not engage in any sexual relationship with any of their patients/clients, supervisees, or students, unless it is consensual by all parties involved. C. Shall encourage colleagues with physical, psychological, or substance-related impairments that may adversely impact their professional responsibilities to seek assistance or counsel. D. Shall provide pro bono physical therapy services or support organizations that meet the health needs of people who are economically disadvantaged, uninsured, and underinsured.
Copyright © 2020 Flex Therapist CEUs
Visit us at https://www.flextherapistceus.com