1. Over time, RA may:
A. Damage bone within the joints.
B. Damage cartilage within the joints.
C. Weaken muscles, ligaments, and tendons that support the joints.
D. All of the above.
2. Treatment for RA combines a variety of approaches and is aimed at all of the following, except:
A. Curing rheumatoid arthritis
B. Relieving pain
C. Reducing joint swelling
D. Improving physical function and well-being
3. Which of the following has been found to improve the ability to cope with pain, especially for those with a history of depression?
B. Mindfulness meditation
C. Tai chi
4. The serious side effects of which of the following occur frequently enough that the risk of using it outweighs its benefits?
A. Thunder god vine
5. Going without effective treatment for RA could lead to permanent joint damage.
6. Which of the following is the most commonly associated RA disease?
A. Proteus-caused urinary tract infection
B. Epstein-Barr virus
C. Periodontal disease
D. Herpes virus
7. Anti-citrullinated protein antibodies are highly specific for RA and appear years earlier than the clinical diagnosis of RA.
8. Salmonella infection directly promotes early and later stages of apoptosis of human chondrocytes, which my contribute to the cartilage loss in RA patients.
Copyright © 2018 Flex Therapist CEUs
Visit us at https://www.flextherapistceus.com