1. The combination of hinge and sliding motions makes the temporomandibular joint among the most complicated in the body.A. True B. False
2. Disorders of the jaw joint and chewing muscles fall into which category?A. Myofascial pain involving discomfort or pain in the muscles that control jaw function. B. Internal derangement of the joint involving a displaced disc, dislocated jaw, or injury to the condyle. C. Arthritis referring to a group of degenerative / inflammatory joint disorders that can affect the temporomandibular joint. D. All of the above.
3. Jaw & temporomandibular joint disorders occur equally in men and women.A. True B. False
4. Which of the following is the most common symptom linked to TMJ disorders?A. Jaw muscle stiffness. B. Pain in the chewing muscles and/or jaw joint. C. Limited movement or locking of the jaw. D. A change in the way the upper and lower teeth fit together.
5. Experts strongly recommend using which of the following forms of treatment?A. Self-Care Practices B. Short-Term Pain Medications C. Stabilization Splints D. All of the above.
6. Botox is approved by the FDA for use in TMJ disorders.A. True B. False
7. Irreversible treatments that have not been proven to be effective, and may make the problem worse, include:A. Orthodontics to change the bite. B. Crown and bridge work to balance the bite. C. Grinding down teeth to bring the bite into balance, called "occlusal adjustment." D. All of the above.
8. After introducing the occlusal splint therapy, the highest improvement in cervical spine mobility was seen during:A. The flexion movement B. The anteflexion movement C. The retroflexion movement D. None of the above
9. Patients with TMD were shown to be more sensitive to a wide range of mechanical and thermal pain tests than control subjects, including not only the orofacial area, but also the:A. Splenius capitis muscle B. Trapezius muscle C. Levator scapulae muscle D. Rhomboideus muscle
10. Muscle tenderness in the cervical spine and jaw was shown to be associated with increased levels of jaw and neck disability.A. True B. False
11. The higher the level of muscle tenderness in upper trapezius and temporalis muscles, the higher the level of jaw and neck dysfunction.A. True B. False
12. Fluctuations in the progesterone levels during the menstrual cycle may be related to the level of pressure pain in women.A. True B. False
Copyright © 2020 Flex Therapist CEUs
Visit us at https://www.flextherapistceus.com