1. How does ICUAW differ from other neuromuscular disorders in the ICU?A. Facial and ocular muscles are rarely involved. B. Creatine kinase levels are not elevated. C. Demyelination is not a feature. D. All of the above.
2. Overall, studies have shown that ICUAW results in increased:A. Muscle protein synthesis B. Muscle catabolism C. Muscle mass D. All of the above
3. Prolonged use of neuromuscular blockers is the most consistently identified risk factor for ICUAW.A. True B. False
4. Mechanical ventilation is a major factor in the disuse atrophy and reconditioning of a patient's respiratory muscles because it may replace the spontaneous respiratory muscle effort.A. True B. False
5. Improved muscle strength has translated into evidence of improved hospital outcomes with regards to duration of weaning and length of stay in the ICU and hospital.A. True B. False
Copyright © 2020 Flex Therapist CEUs
Visit us at https://www.flextherapistceus.com