1. When age is accounted for, which athletes have the highest rate, compared to control subjects, of being admitted to the hospital for osteoarthritis?
A. Endurance athletes
B. Power sport athletes
C. Mixed sport athletes
D. All of the above are equally likely to be admitted to the hospital for osteoarthritis
2. Long-distance running below the elite level has not been found to be associated with an increased risk of osteoarthritis, but extreme, high-intensity long-distance running may contribute to osteoarthritis of the hip or in the knee, suggesting that more moderate activity does not confer greater risk, rather it is extreme training that predisposes to injury.
3. Which injury is the most common reason for permanent disability due to sports injury?
D. Low-Back / Spinal
4. When examining the long-term effects of physical activity on back pain in former athletes, the odds ratio for back pain is higher in athletes than control subjects.
5. Physical weight-bearing activity may not compensate for reduced estrogen levels even in weight-bearing bones of the lower extremity and spine.
Copyright © 2019 Flex Therapist CEUs
Visit us at https://www.flextherapistceus.com