This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 3.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CEU Course Description
This CE course provides medical treatment guidelines for physical therapists for knee injuries as they relate to: general guideline principles; history taking and physical examination; diagnostic studies; specific knee injury diagnoses, testing, and treatment; non-operative therapeutic procedures; and operative therapeutic procedures.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss when joint aspiration should be performed, when it should be avoided, and what specific findings reveal.
2. Investigate the indications for gait training.
3. Examine when Doppler Ultrasonography / Plethysmography should be repeated and elucidate the reason for repeating.
4. Identify the symptoms that passive therapies are directed at controlling.
5. Describe the red flags that the history and physical examination assessment should include.
CEU Course Syllabus
|Knee Injury Introduction||0.53 Contact Hours|
|Diagnostic Studies||0.15 Contact Hours|
|Specific Knee Injury Diagnosis, Testing, and Treatment||0.95 Contact Hours|
|Non-operative Therapeutic Procedures||0.98 Contact Hours|
|Operative Therapeutic Procedures||0.39 Contact Hours|
Total = 3 Contact hours
Instruction level: Basic
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.