This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
Please Note: This course has varying hours depending on the state in which you're licensed. See Below.
CEU Course Description
Arthritis, of which osteoarthritis (OA) is the most common type, is the most frequent cause of disability among adults in the United States. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, 13.9% of adults age 25 years and older and 33.6% of adults age 65 years and older are affected by osteoarthritis. This CEU course provides physical therapists with a recommended framework that includes a structured evaluation and diagnosis of patients who may be suffering from hip and knee OA. Additionally, non-pharmacological and non-surgical treatment options are examined.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Explain what a typical treatment program should consist of.
2. Investigate what components of patient compliance are increased by patient education.
3. Scrutinize the degree that the hip and knee should be flexed to in order to measure internal and external rotation.
4. Identify the most common modifiable risk factor for the development of OA.
5. Provide what should be included in patient education when a physical therapist is training a patient to use an ambulation.
6. Describe the most specific test for hip pathology as only the femoral head is moving in relation to the acetabulum.
CEU Course Syllabus
|Diagnosis & Evaluation||2.0 CEUs|
|Non Surgical Treatment Principles||1.7 CEUs|
|Physical Therapy Approaches||1.8 CEUs|
|Pharmacologic Therapies||3.5 CEUs|
|Complementary & Alternative Medicine||1.0 CEUs|
Total = 10 Contact Hours
Instructional level: Intermediate
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.